Monday, February 16, 2009

Random happenings and updates

I realise it's been a bit since my last post. These last couple weeks have been busy and kind of tough. Here are some updates and happenings:

On the job front -- after only two weeks of unemployment, I am starting a new job tomorrow. I interviewed early last week and got the offer by the end of the week. I am pretty excited. Although it involves a pay cut that will make things a bit tougher than I would like, I am proud of myself getting back in the workforce so quickly in this ecomony.

Sain update -- Sain is growing up so fast. She belt tested a little over a week ago and should get her promotion within the next couple weeks. The Tuesday after testing she got pushed by a brother and sister combo in class and ended up breaking her toe. She's got one more day of complete rest and two more weeks of no running or kicking but is healing nicely.

As for diabetes, things have gotten better since she got over the virus earlier this month. It's really hard because she is learning more and more about complications. With February being heart month, Sain has studied up a lot on heart disease. It's tough hearing your 9 year old talk about complications... her biggest fear is blindness. My biggest fear is outliving my baby.

Aidan update -- Aidan is learning and growing so quickly. Kindergarten is an amazing year. He's really picking up on reading and writing. Aidan also graduated from the "L" in speech and is now working on "J"... I had to re-play the voicemail Sister Maureen (his speech therapist) left telling me about his progress over and over again because Aidan is so proud of his how well he's doing. I'm pretty proud, too!

Aidan also did a testing in karate and earned his first patch... this is a pretty big deal because he won't be able to belt test until he's 7. He's now a white belt with two stripes and one patch.

I am sure there is much more I should write about but Aidan is pestering me to do Club Penguin so that will have to be all for now. 5 year olds aren't too patient!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Angie ... So glad you found a job! Woo-hoo! I saw a job posting that I was going to send you, but it looks like other good things have come your way.

Give the kids hugs from us!

Anonymous said...

Angie, I'm so glad that you got a job. Well done! You deserve it.

PancreasMom said...

Congratulations.. you continue to beat the odds...

p.s Knowledge is power, and innocence is bliss.. the balance is a fine line.