Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Burn Out


I am tired of this disease.

I am tired of what it does to my daughter. I am tired of what it does to my son. I am tired of the extra pressure it puts on my parents. And I am tired of what it does to me.

I am tired of having to contact the school when kids are extra stupid (Sáin deals with most playground issues on her own but I step in when need be.) And I am tired of how the other parents then perceive me.

I am tired of being on the brink of financial ruin in order to keep my kid healthy and I am really tired of the US healthcare system. Who knew prevention was a 4 letter word?

I am tired of beeps, alarms, and wonky numbers. And I am tired of not being able to fix it.

I am tired of type 2s thinking they are the same as type 1s. And I am tired of parents who freak out when their kid sneezes or falls down thinking they know how I feel.

And as tired as I am of fighting for a cure, that cure is the only thing that will eliminate the other things I am tired of.

So, I will keep fighting.

Thank you to all who have donated to our team. Beat the Bridge is Sunday and it’s looking like it might be sunny!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I'm right there with ya.

PancreasMom said...

I agree completely!