Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Four unrelated happenings

#1 It’s been over two weeks since school started and I’ve had ZERO high blood sugar calls and only one low. I don’t know what else to say about this – it’s amazing!


#2 Saturday I received notice that Premera rejected our third and final appeal for Sáin’s CGM. Even though I was expecting the rejection, I was still disappointed. There isn’t much I can say about the fine folks at Premera (note the sarcasm) that I haven’t already said. I hope Aetna is a bit more progressive. (Still no word from Aetna – sadly, I don’t expect a lot from health insurance companies these days.)


#3 Seeing a flying side kick done by a black belt in person is probably the coolest thing I’ve seen in years. (The instructor demonstrated one for Aidan’s class on Saturday.) Anyone who knows me knows that it takes a lot to impress me… I tend not to be impressed with the usual money, status, material goods, etc. that impress most people. Don’t get me wrong, money, status, material good, etc. are all nice things but having the discipline to train and get your body to do something like that is way more impressive in my opinion.


#4 Last night Sáin finished her “all about me” poster for school. In one of the sections she had to tell a unique fact about herself. Sáin colored the section and was very proud of it. When she showed me I was very proud of myself for not laughing… her box looked exactly like the Molson “I AM CANADIAN” ads.

No comments: