Friday, September 5, 2008

Eight Things I am Thankful For

I am thankful it's Friday. Even though the weekend ahead is not exactly a restful one, I am thank for for a weekend.


I am thankful for a successful first week of school. Aidan loves kindergarten and Sain loves third grade. What more could a mom ask for?


I am thankful for Sain's good blood sugar readings this week. Only one high and one low all week!


I am thankful for the American Colleges of Mixed Martial Arts for giving me back the smile my daughter lost almost 4 years ago.


I am thankful for the Tailgate party at the school tonight which means I don’t have to cook dinner.


I am thankful that I finally got a refund from the dentist that screwed up my crown because I can now pay for Sáin’s birthday party!


I am thankful Aidan has karate after his blood draw at Children’s tomorrow – it gives him something to look forward to.


What I am most thankful for is Gloria’s improving condition. She is now able to follow people, object, etc. with her eyes and is turning her head to look around. She is truly a fighter! (You can read more about Gloria in the 7/31, 8/7, 8/12 and 8/13 posts.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am thankful for those two darling, smart, kind-hearted children of yours.

I, too, am so happy that Gloria is improving. I have been lighting candles on gratefulness.org.

Thank you for the e-mails about Gloria, and thank you for sending those first day of school pictures. ADORABLE.

Much love to you and the kids.