Monday, March 17, 2008

Our Dickens-like life


This last week has been very Dickens-like. It’s been the best of times and the worst of times.

As for the best -- seeing your 8 year old stand in front of an audience of over 100 people telling her diabetes story is amazing. I am so proud of Sáin. I could never have done that at 8!

As for the worst – per my previous post, people are disappointing. I really wish they would think before they speak. I’ve come to the conclusion that the motto for 2nd grade is “I wasn’t thinking.”

Back to the best – Beat the Bridge has officially kicked off. My letters will be sent off this week and our team is registered. We are doing a school team this tear which should be fun.

Back to the worst – I am sick but what is worse is Aidan is sick. I don’t think either one of us has really slept in days.

I will end with the best – I was reading through Sáin’s homework last night and here is Sáin’s take on her cultural heritage, “I’m Canadian. That means I’m nice. I’m Irish. That means I’m friendly. I’m French (France French not French-Canadian) and that means I like food. I will be a good date when I am older because I am nice, friendly and I like good food.”

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's my girl -- but I don't even want to think about her dating yet!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day, Angie, Sain and Aidan! Love and blessings to you.