Thursday, April 3, 2008

Quote Junky

Okay, I’m a quote junky. I will be the first to admit it. I am surrounded by quotes at work, at home and even a few in my car. If I hear or read something I like I write it down. Most my books are so written in that no one would ever want to borrow them. I found this quote today and I love it.

“One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never!
- Winston Churchill

I see so many parents in denial about their kid’s diabetes… it makes me sad. I tend to view it as an enemy that we have to live with (for now.) I meet it head on and I won’t let it win. I like to think I am bigger and stronger than the disease. Who knows if I am really bigger or stronger but I can tell you I am definitely more determined and probably more stubborn. I love that Sáin views it that way, too. To use another quote from a great blog that I read every morning, “diabetes doesn’t define me, it just helps explain who I am.”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The quote on my desk right now:

"I think face-lifts make people either look like a burn victim or a female impersonator." -- Susan Sarandon