Monday, April 28, 2008

Lesson Learned


Never again will I attempt a “quiet day.”

Sunday was supposed to be our quiet day – time to just hang out around the house and do nothing. It was honestly one of the most horrible experiences I’ve had in a while. I like the buzz of our crazy life. I like keeping busy and I go a bit stir crazy when forced to do nothing.

Since both Sáin and Aidan have been raised pretty much solely by me they are the same way. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing but it does work well into our hectic life.

The worst part of our "quiet day" -- I discovered that when things are quiet there is way too much to think about and I get stressed. I guess the key to my happiness is chaos… luckily I am good at chaos.

Happy Monday Things:

  • The new Medtronic/LifeScan linked meter came out! We will be getting ours soon.
  • Sunday is Sáin’s First Communion – she’s so excited.
  • The tickets for the spaghetti dinner are ready to print. (Then comes the fun part – cutting them out.)
  • Our school team is seriously in the lead for Beat the Bridge.
  • In 3 weeks we will be on a plane to Toronto and the TTC is not on strike!
  • And the happiest thing of all – Sáin’s blood sugars were in range 2 nights in a row!
(As for the picture, that's kind of what I look like after a "quiet day!" I think I will stick to my crazy life.)

No comments: