Friday, April 4, 2008

Reminders


Next to the pictures and quotes hung in my cube I keep these reminders. On the left is the emergency pass from Sáin’s diagnosis and on the right is an ER bracelet from Sáin’s first trip back to the hospital. Those were two of the scariest days in my life. When days are tough I look at these reminders and remember what’s important.

Tomorrow is Sáin’s anniversary – it will be 3 years since this disease invaded our lives. In some ways it feels like just yesterday and in other ways I can’t remember life before the disease.

Three years ago tomorrow I promised my little girl I would find a cure. I have to believe we will get there.

1 comment:

Kerri. said...

As a little girl with diabetes who has long since grown up, I have to believe we will get there, too.

You have a wonderful blog here, and a beautiful family. Don't ever lose hope.