Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Attention AMEX card holders

This is the last day to vote on the members project that will receive 2.5 million dollars in funding from American Express. If you have an AMEX and have not voted yet, please consider voting for this one. (I’m sure the other projects are very worthy but I happen to be very fond of the idea of curing this disease.)

No update on Gloria. It’s such a tough and tragic situation but we’re still praying for a miracle.

We brought some get well cards for people to sign at the ASAPP (Active St. Anthony Parish Parents) picnic on Sunday and it was really hard to talk to other parents about the situation. I’ve come to realize that you can’t truly understand any situation until you’ve lived through it.

As Sáin pointed out to me on the way home, it was nice there was another diabetic family at the picnic – their fears are the same as mine, the look in their eyes when they’re watching their son test and bolus is same as the look in my eyes when Sáin is doing the same. I would never wish this disease on anyone but I must say it’s comforting knowing that at least a few other people truly know how you feel.

No updates on CGM either. I did find it a bit funny that I got my Premera health assessment back today and I am considered very healthy with one glaring exception – I don’t get enough sleep. Really? You mean it’s not healthy to wake up 2 – 3 times a night to test your child’s blood sugar? I never would’ve guessed!! (Sorry for the sarcasm. I guess that's another side effect of not getting enough sleep.)

No comments: