Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Smartest cat in the world

Every time I clean out Tennyson's litter box he comes over and watches. (It's almost as if he doesn't trust me to do a good job if he's not there.)

This morning I started scooping. Within seconds I had a fury black supervisor.

Before I continue there are a couple of things you should know about Tennyson.
1. Paper is he absolute favorite toy
2. Tennyson doesn't seem to realize he's no longer a kitten

Okay, back to the story. Tennyson noticed a paper lying near the litter box and started attacking. Before I could stop him (he's unusually quick for a 13 year old cat) the paper was in the (still dirty) litter box being ripped to shreds.

Needless to say the paper was a disgusting mess. While taking the paper bits out of the litter box I noticed it was the shredded remains of the Premera envelope that our second denial came in.

Tennyson was a little shocked when I gave him treats and praised his actions.

If a cat can understand that these denials belong in the litter box, why can't the insurance companies get it?

(Happy 14th Birthday tomorrow Tennyson!!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That IS a very smart kitty.