Monday, August 4, 2008

overwhelmed

That is how I feel today.

But today, like all days, has things that need to be done so I push that nagging sick feeling to the background and I go about my day.

I will have a smile on my face even though what I really want to do is cry and I will be one of the most productive employees in my company even though I want nothing more than to sleep.

I will not snap at the people who don’t do their jobs whose task I will end up doing and I won’t think twice about helping out another department even though I am in the midst of a DOL audit.

Before you get on my case about this self-pity, please note that the last 19 years (yes, 19 years) of my life have been an uphill battle and a fight that would’ve broken most people. I will continue to fight but I am seriously tired of it. When do I get a break?

I sometimes think if I was a recovering drug addict or rehabilitated criminal then society would cut me a break but because I’ve tried to do the right thing most of my life and I’ve tried to take responsibility for my actions then I don’t get a break.

I know, tomorrow is a new day but when does it get better?

(Because I am, at my core, an optimist and self-pity last less time than it took me to write this post, I have to include this. (You can also read about it here.) For all who’ve contributed to JDRF, this is one of the things your money has funded. THANK YOU!)

No comments: